Welcome to your Regional Advisory Committees web page. Metroplan staff will provide materials from meetings, as well has helpful links and other pertinent information.
Livable Communities Committee, August 13, 2020
Presentations from June 2020 meetings
Materials from the October 15, 2019 meeting
Materials from the September 26, 2019 meeting
Materials from the July 11, 2019 meeting
MPO 101 Presentation (in pdf format)
Central Arkansas 2050 Long-range Plan, December 2018
METRO 2020 Long-range Plan, July 1995
The Regional Advisory Committees were created to:
- Study, recommend and respond directly to the Metroplan Board on issues impacting Metroplan and central Arkansas;
- Maintain and improve the strong public engagement record of Metroplan by providing direct input into the decision-making levels of the regional planning process.
- Educate central Arkansas on transportation and planning matters and encourage best practices that would advance the region’s vision for the future.
The Regional Advisory Committees are:
- Economic Vitality – deals with matters pertaining to industry, commerce, workforce and regional-scale economic growth as it relates to transportation and planning.
- Transportation Systems – broadly encompasses safety, efficiency, technology, and design, in context with the natural and physical environments.
- Livable Communities – is concerned with regional development, transit readiness, and livability, as implemented throughout central Arkansas’ communities and neighborhoods. Common themes of “livability” include accessible housing and transportation, environmental stewardship, economic resilience, educational excellence and the value of human interaction.