Long Range Plan
The long-range plan is updated every five years and has a planning horizon of twenty to twenty –five years in the future. The long-range plan provides a vision for how to invest in and improve the regional transportation infrastructure of Central Arkansas.
Public Review and Comment
Metroplan is pleased to provide the 2021-2024 CARTS Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Amendment 2 to Central Arkansas 2050 for review and public comment. You are encouraged to review the projects included in both documents and provide feedback to Metroplan. Links to the documents are as follows:
1) Proposed amendments to the regional long-range metropolitan transportation plan (Central Arkansas 2050), and
2) The draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Fiscal Years 2021-2024 for the CARTS area.
The public comment period is from Sunday, February 14, 2021, through close of business day on Monday, March 15, 2021.
Central Arkansas 2050 – Amendment 2 will be available soon.
- Appendices Summary (January 2019)
- Appendix A.1: Transportation Facilities and Travel Characteristics
- Appendix A.2: Demographic Trends
- Appendix A.3: Historical Transportation Funding Resources
- Appendix A.4: Housing + Transportation Costs
- Appendix A.5: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
- Appendix A.6: Land Use
- Appendix B: Public Outreach Summary – Central Arkansas 2050 Outreach Addenda added 1-28-2019
- Appendix C: Growth and Development Allocation and Evaluation Process for the Regional Growth Scenarios
- Appendix D: Scenario Evaluation Results
- Appendix E: Financial Resources
- Appendix F: Project Evaluation Results
- Appendix G: Project Priorities
- Appendix H: MAP 21 Performance Management – DRAFT – November 2018
- Appendix I: Livability Index
- Appendix J: Fair Housing Equity Assessment (FHEA)
- Appendix K: Environmental Assessment